Hearthstone Village Cooperative is a multigenerational community living, learning and working in close connection to each other, the land, and all beings in a village way of life. We share our material, social and spiritual riches and collectively celebrate and honour life’s mysterious journey.
We are creating a village by collectively sharing land that provides sustainable housing, community facilities and food security in a beautiful setting for a diverse group of families.
- To create healthy and sustainable dwellings and community facilities that meet the needs of community members.
- To create a safe, respectful and inclusive environment in which we can live, work and play.
- To strengthen our resilience by growing food, sharing resources and supporting each other.
- To create a functional, beautiful and sustainable living environment through intentional design.
- To foster relationships that encourage learning, mentoring, cooperation and celebration.
- To use a system of governance and decision making that is participatory, equitable, effective and transparent.
Values & Principles
Our community recognizes that we are interdependent with each other and the ecosystem. We have a sacred trust to nurture, protect, and steward these relationships. We affirm and practice certain core values and ways of being, including:
We achieve all this by "proceeding as if we're needed" [Stephen Jenkinson], by practicing effective self- and group governance.